Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately about my future. I’ve been spending way to much time trying to figure who and where I want to be in ten years… I’ve decided not to think like that anymore… instead I’m thinking about what I want to know in ten years. :D I has a lil bit of a list I’ve been working on. Its kind of a long list… but I have ten years to accomplish it lol.
Random shit I want to learn::::
- Computer Programing Language:: Python is a good start.
- Morse Code
- cook Mexican food
- speak Spanish
- learn to play the sax
- grow plants in general and gardening
- automotive repair
- butcher my kill
- learn to hunt
- build a wall
- set a bone
- first aid/EMT training/CPR/
- bake bread
- general house repair
- electrical stuff
- learn to build solar energy thingies
- fly small aircraft
- learn to drive stick shift
- ballroom dancing
- swing dance
- poker, chess, go
- darkroom photography
- lock picking
- I also want to completely redo my house
:D Just a start of little interesting nothings that I would like to know how to do. I think its a fun way to start out life right. Any ideas?
So I know its weird looking lol, I’m not a good drawer. But the picture is numbered and I can tell you whats going on. :D This is what I’m thinking about doing to the kids room. If you look at the old pictures, there is a dresser, a tv stand, a big bed, and a small bed. What I’m thinking is stealing their dresser and putting it in my room, and giving them my dresser, which is a 3 drawers by two drawers instead of six by one.
1. Dresser, 3 drawer by two drawer.
2. Is the big mattress, which will go on top of the dresser, and supported with two by fours on all sides.
3. Is the ladder. :D Obvious enough.
4. I’m going to tear apart the wooden tv stand and make a bunk bed for the small bed that goes lengthwise across the width of the big bed. (Does that make Sense?) Railing on all sides.
5. This is a reinforced shelf I’m going to put up for the TV, with shelves underneath it for their movies and books.
This set up would completely clear up the floor space in their room, so they have a bigger play area. :D I think it’ll also be much easier to keep clean this way. Any opinions?
We all live in such a cluttered, fast paced world. I want to slow down and enjoy my life with my hubby, and make things easier in my day to day life. This is my Do it yourself blog… Fixing my world, fixing my house (so it make more sense lol), fixing my relationship, fixing my holidays… the list is endless really. This is where I’m going to post what I’m changing, what I’m doing, maybe tutorials if I can manage it.
How boring sounding :D
Saturday, October 1, 2011
I love these awesome little magnets. I've been making them for years. A long time ago I saw a tutorial for them, but now I cannot find it, so I'm making my own.
First off :)
- Clear Flat Back Marbles (You can get them at any craft store, generally in the floral section
- Clear Drying Glue (I use Beacons 3in1
- Magnets (I buy the rolled ones)
- Various Magazines, Pictures, or computer printouts
1.Place the Marbles over the image you want :)
2: Put some glue on the back of the marble and press it to the image. Make sure the whole back is covered with glue.
3. The glue will dry clear so if any glue leaks out around it, its okay :D With scissors or an exacto knife or something, cut out around the image. Cut out a small square of the magnets and glue it to the back of the marble.
4. Let Dry and Tadaa!! Awesome Magnets.