Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tshirt Fringe Scarf


I love stumbling for new and awesome things to make. I love DIY, I love tutorials, I love up-cycling. I was stumbling recently and came upon this awesome scarf. The picture was linked to a website tutorial, but the links weren't working, so I don't have credit or anything for the maker. Anyway, since I couldn't access the tutorial, I decided I'd figure it out on my own.

EDIT:: A friend on a forum found the original for me. :D So here is the link to the original tutorial.

Here's my Tutorial, for these amazing fringe scarves. It's an accessory that can be worn with everything if you give it a neutral color (unlike the color I made mine, to the left ;D).
Wow, lucky you; you get to see me without my face on, no makeup at all.




All you need is an old tshirt (any color: bold, patterned, neutral, whatever) and a pair of fabric scissors (or similar anyway).


1. 2.


:: Step One :: Cut the shirt across in a straight line from one armpit to the other. What you'll have left is a rectangular tube.
:: Step Two :: Depending on the thickness you want, cut either half inch or inch wide strips across the bottom. The longer the cut, the longer the fringe will be. I cut about half way up.

3. 4.
5.

:: Step Three: Cut through the seam on either side, along the strip, so you don't end up with one really thick fringe from the sides.
:: Step Four :: Start at the top of the fringe and pull down, causing them to roll.
:: Step Five :: Pretty much the same as four, just continue all along them. I stretched each one three or four times.


:: WalhLa! :: Wear you're finished piece. :D Embellish it if you wish, wear it with buttons, layers, or whatever. ^_^ I absolutely love it. I'm going to wear it to the college next week.

<3 Krissy

No comments:

Post a Comment